WA DOL KNOWLEDGE EXAM
The knowledge exam is a walk-in test. The days we offer it is –
WEDNESDAY FROM 7:00 AM TO 3:00 PM
THURSDAY, FRIDAY and SATURDAY FROM 12:00 PM TO 7:00 PM
The knowledge exam is $30 cash or check, we do not accept debit cards. The tester will get two tries for the $30. The test is 40 questions multiple choice, you must answer 32 questions correct to pass.
WA DOL SKILLS EXAM
The skills exam is by appointment only. The skills exam is $50 for two tries. the tester uses our vehicle.
- The fee for the Knowledge exam is $30.00 for two attempts.
- The fee for the Skills exam is $50.00.
- No fee for using the school’s training vehicle.
- Retakes of the knowledge exam are $30.00.
- Retake of the skill exam is $50.00
- If you are more than five minutes late for your drive you will not be able to complete your drive and will be billed to be rescheduled.
- The knowledge test must be completed by the close of office hours; you will not be refunded the fee for non-completion.
- The knowledge exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions about traffic safety laws. Applicants must answer at least 32 questions correctly to pass the exam.
- The driving test will test the applicant’s ability to drive legally and safely. Applicants must pass the exam with a score of at least 80%.
- Your exam scores will be entered into the DOL database within 24 hrs. You will have to visit the DOL to apply for your license. Passing the knowledge and drive test does not guarantee that an applicant will be issued a driver’s license. The DOL will determine If an applicant has met all licensing requirements. If you are under the age of 18 you must be at least 16 yrs old, successfully completed a traffic safety education course, have had your permit for at least 6 months, and have had 50 hrs driving experience with at least 10-night driving hrs to apply for your driver’s license.
- The Department of Licensing reserves the right to conduct random re-examinations: applicants refusing to take a re-examination may have their license revoked.
- Refunds for drive appointments will be given in full as long as you give a 24hr cancelation notice no refunds if the test was taken.
- To reschedule we will need a 24hr notice, but it could cause you to wait for weeks for a new appointment.
- If you have any grievance/complaints call Diane at 360-462-0137 to try and resolve the issue.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- If you received a letter from the DOL to take the examination due to a physical, mental, visual, or any medical issue, you must test at a DOL office. Failure to disclose this information prior to testing will result in your test not being honored at DOL to obtain your license and we will not refund the testing fee.
- Your car must be legal to operate on a public street. This includes, but is not limited to: windshield, seat belts, wipers, defroster, tires, mirrors, all brake, and reverse lights, turns signals, and be legally licensed/tabs current.
- You will need to demonstrate arm signals prior to beginning the skills test.
- Pursuant to RCW 46.20.720 a driver convicted of an alcohol offense may be required to have an Ignition Interlock Device Applicants (IID) in order to drive. The applicant must take the skill exam in their vehicle using the IID.
- Applicants wishing to use their own vehicle for their skill test exam are required to provide proof of insurance and current registration, on the day of the test.
- At the time of the test, provide proof of identification such as a photo permit, out of state license, or school Yearbook.